CX ARFF Fire Pumps
The Waterous CX PTO-driven end-suction water pump is for departments who need a tough, all-around, easy-to-use single-stage end-suction unit as their main pump. Designed for mounting on PTO-driven ARFF trucks and fire boats, the CX pump can also be front-mounted or direct-driven. Providing reliable performance from 750 GPM @ pressures of 150 PSI (2850 L/min. @ 10.3 bar) and up to 1250 GPM @ pressures of 150 PSI (4750 L/min. @ 10.3 bar).
Backed by an industry-exclusive factory 5-year warranty, we've got your CX single-stage fire pumps service and maintenance needs covered. CX single-stage fire pumps can be repaired and back in service faster than apparatus equipped with other brands of ARFF fire pumps.
Options & Accessories
Available with a variety of options to fit the needs of your fire operations, the Waterous CX PTO-driven end-suction fire pumps easily interface with numerous accessories. The CX offers five transmission options to match your pump mounting requirements as well as an electric, oil-free rotary vane primer that can be mounted directly on a Waterous split-shaft pump transmission or separately mounted combined with a Waterous priming valve. Pressure controls, corrosion protection, overheat protection, and foam management systems are also available.
Product Orientation & Integration
Let us eliminate the learning curve of integrating CX single-stage ARFF fire pump into your fire department's daily operations. Waterous factory personnel provide on-site product operation and maintenance instruction to ease implementation of the CX single-stage ARFF fire pump. Contact your Waterous representative for exclusive pricing on orientation and education courses.
- High-tensile, close-grained iron (bronze optional), two-piece, vertically-split volute body, with optional high-tensile, close-grained gray iron transmission casing.
- Transmissions use constant mesh, helical gears made of alloy steel. All gears are crown shaved, carburized, hardened, have groundbores and are splash lubricated.
- 17-4 stainless steel impeller shaft, heat-treated, machined and ground to precision (optional K500 Monel shaft only available with K or T transmissions).
- Oil- or grease-lubricated deep-groove ball bearings, situated outside the pump casing for accurate alignment.
- Fully-enclosed, bronze, double-hubbed, precision-balanced impeller (flame-plated hubs for extreme wear resistance optional).
- Bronze replaceable wear rings to increase pump life and minimize maintenance costs.
- Shaft seal comes standard with face-type, self-adjusting corrosion- and wear-resistant mechanical seals.
- 5-year warranty.
< Back to Top
Options and Accessories
- Priming System: An electric, oil-free rotary vane primer mounted directly on a Waterous split-shaft pump transmission or separately mounted combined with a Waterous priming valve forms the priming system. A lubrication option allows the use of Prime-Safe lubricant (priming tank is required when the lubrication option is selected).
- Pressure Control System: The Waterous Intake Relief Valve system is designed to act as a safety valve by "dumping" excess pressure from the inlet side of the pump. The Discharge Relief Valve provides sensitive pump control to protect firefighters from sudden pressure surges resulting from changes in discharge flows from the pump.
- Manifold Drain Valve: Drains all points of the pump simultaneously with the operation of a single control.
- Corrosion Protection: Replaceable zinc element that is installed directly on the pump intake piping and into the pump waterway. These anodes sacrifice the zinc element to galvanic corrosion.
- Discharge Valves: Your choice of the trusted Waterous 1/4 turn 2.5" and 3.5" ball-type discharge valve or a 4" ANSI flanged discharge valve. Both options come standard with chrome-plated brass ball and hydraulically balanced seal assembly.
- Overheat Protection Manager: The OPM consists of an illuminated warning light on the operator's panel whenever the pump approaches an overheat condition. Optional audible alarm is available.
- Intake Fittings: Choose from three styles of intakes, including a 5" or 6" Threaded intake (model CXR), a 6" Flanged intake (model CXN), and a 6" Victaulic intake (model CXV). Note: Threaded intake available with 2.5" to 3" auxiliary intake ports.
- Foam Manager: Consisting of a 500 or 1000 GPM foam manifold and foam proportioner.
< Back to Top
Download Product Literature
< Back to Top
Industry-leading sales and support.
When you purchase Waterous equipment, not only do you get quality products, you get quality service. Our expert service technicians are the best in the business and they are always happy to answer any service questions you might have. The numbers for our service and training specialists are listed below for your convenience. If you have a general service question please call our main number and our staff will kindly direct you to the appropriate department.
Phone: 651-450-5234 (Press 3)
< Back to Top