CP-2 Industrial Fire Pumps
Normally driven by a transmission side-mounted PTO, the CP-2 can also be optionally bell-house mounted. The CP-2 PTO-driven pump will supply two or more lines with ample pressure as well as adapt to pump-and-roll operations, and either straight stream or fog nozzles. The CP-2 can also be used in relay with portable pumps to boost pressure to effective levels when pumping from otherwise inaccessible water sources.
The CP-2 PTO-driven pump can be repaired and back in service with your fog straight stream or nozzle faster than apparatus equipped with other brands of industrial fire pumps. Your service and maintenance needs are under control with Waterous exclusive factory service and expert technicians who know the CP-2 PTO-driven pump inside and out.
Options & Accessories
For use with a variety of options to fit the needs of your fire operations, the Waterous CP-2 pumps easily interface with numerous accessories. An electric, oil-free rotary vane primer is available and can be mounted directly on a Waterous split-shaft pump transmission or separately mounted combined with a Waterous priming valve. Pressure control, corrosion protection, and overheat protection systems are also available, as are discharge relief valves and intake relief valves.
Product Orientation & Integration
Let us eliminate the learning curve of integrating CP-2 fire pumps into your fire department's daily operations. Waterous factory personnel provide on-site product operation and maintenance instruction to ease implementation of the CP-2 fire pump. Contact your Waterous representative for exclusive pricing on orientation and education courses.
- High-tensile nickel-bearing gray iron (bronze optional), one-piece casing
- Gear case can be mounted horizontally, vertically, or inverted.
- Seven optional speed-increasing transmission ratios.
- Crown-shaved, carburized and hardened helical cut constant mesh quiet gears.
- 17-4 stainless steel impeller shaft (monel shaft optional), heat-treated, machined and ground to precision.
- Oil-splash lubricated ball bearings throughout.
- Bronze double-hubbed precision-balanced impeller.
- Bronze replaceable wear rings to increase pump life and minimize maintenance costs.
- 3 inch NPT or BSP intake; inch NPT or BSP discharge (BSP threads available straight or tapered).
- Mechanical seal is standard.
< Back to Top
Options and Accessories
- Priming System: An electric, oil-free rotary vane primer mounted directly on a Waterous split-shaft pump transmission or separately mounted combined with a Waterous priming valve forms the priming system. A lubrication option allows the use of Prime-Safe lubricant (priming tank is required when the lubrication option is selected).
- Pressure Control System: The Waterous Intake Relief Valve system is designed to act as a safety valve by "dumping" excess pressure from the inlet side of the pump. The Discharge Relief Valve provides sensitive pump control to protect firefighters from sudden pressure surges resulting from changes in discharge flows from the pump.
- Manifold Drain Valve: Drains all points of the pump simultaneously with the operation of a single control.
- Corrosion Protection: Replaceable zinc element that is installed directly on the pump intake piping and into the pump waterway. These anodes sacrifice the zinc element to galvanic corrosion.
- Discharge Valves: Your choice of the trusted Waterous 1/4 turn 2.5 inch and 3.5 inch ball-type discharge valve. Both options come standard with chrome-plated brass ball and hydraulically balanced seal assembly.
- Overheat Protection Manager: The OPM consists of an illuminated warning light on the operator's panel whenever the pump approaches an overheat condition. Optional audible alarm is available.
- Tachometer: Tachometer drive standard and operates at 1/2 input shaft speed.
< Back to Top
Download Product Literature
< Back to Top
Industry-leading sales and support.
When you purchase Waterous equipment, not only do you get quality products, you get quality service. Our expert service technicians are the best in the business and they are always happy to answer any service questions you might have. The numbers for our service and training specialists are listed below for your convenience. If you have a general service question please call our main number and our staff will kindly direct you to the appropriate department.
Phone: 651-450-5234 (Press 3)
< Back to Top